5 things you can do right now
to have better techs
5 Things You Can Do Right Now To Have Better Techs!
1. Make a Connection. Talk with your techs as if they are close friends and family. It sounds crazy, I know. Speak to them without judgement of their work performance. Be sure to connect on a personal level: How was your day? How was this client or that client? They just appreciate being heard by the boss.
2. Break bread with you team. Bring in breakfast before the techs start their shift. Bring in orange juice, coffee, breakfast burritos, and/or biscuits. Sit down and eat with them. Talk about the upcoming jobs for the day, or about their family, their kids sports, vacations coming up they are taking.
3. Review your techs frequently. Take them out for coffee at Starbucks, a yogurt shop, a Jamba Juice or a beer. Let them know where they stand with our Quick Review Sheet (we can send you one), what they could be doing better and also let them give you feedback. Give that technician your full attention for at least 10 minutes and their performance will reflect your sincere feedback.
4. Publicly Acknowledge a Job Well Done. Take a moment in a meeting, email, text or phone call. Show appreciation for the good work they have done working at your company. By acknowledging good work, good work will follow because of your gratitude.
5. Hire their friends. Water seeks its own level. Good techs will bring in more good techs. Ask your technicians if they know someone that would like to work with you. Always be on the lookout for good people and be sure to hire them when you meet them.
Bonus: Be vulnerable with your team. Share things that are happening in your life. How your spouse, kids, parents are doing. Your challenges, your wins, share what your life outside of work is like. Taking time to let them into your world will pay off in more ways than you expect.
Do these things and your techs will be better. Get out of your comfort zone. I expect this helped you make a difference in your techs.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ The best thing Chris ever did was have a morning meeting. He also said culture is everything!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Ashlee felt appreciated from the Morning Tech Meeting.